Temple of the Jedi Force : WE HAVE TO HAVE A NEW LOGO, CONTEST IS ON!!!!! [Message Boards - General Discussions]
Temple of the Jedi Force : Jediism-The Religion of the Force

Login
Random Views
LeftGauntLaser

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Ceremonial Lightsabre Hilts
lightsaber sketch #3

Friends and Family
my mommy and me

Do you know ?
we will honor your training and rank if you come to the Temple of the Jedi Force from another Jedi organization?

Who's Online
19 user(s) are online (6 user(s) are browsing Message Boards)

Members: 0
Guests: 19

more...

New Members Welcome!
Ronen 2020/12/21
SetHeru 2020/12/8
Annanatia 2020/11/17
Espatier 2020/8/23
Svan 2020/7/12
musicy09 2020/6/26
Youroko 2020/6/23
Allada_Skydo 2020/6/23
Sojoy85 2020/6/14
Roth-DelLestin 2020/6/4

Login to use Live Chat

Become a Jedi Knight, Jediism. Jedi, Religion, jedi religion, jedi knight, jedi clergy, jedi minister, Temple Of The Jedi Force, force religion, jedi master, force religion, force temple, jediism, jedi church, force church, temple of the jedi order, force religion, christianity, humanism, taoism, zen, zen buddhism, mysticism, martial arts, star wars

Ads

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »

T H E L O G O C O N T E S T .... CONTINUES TO BE ON !!!!!
Master
From Las Cruces, New Mexico
Group:
Generous Donors
Apprentice
Registered Users
Masters
Knight
Greetings Jedi,

Attached below are the logo entries so far ...

1). There were not enough entries submitted …

2). Draw upon the Force in your meditations and contemplations to inspire your creativity… think about how this symbol relates to the Temple of the Jedi Force … Temple, Jedi and Force being the key words.

3). Include with your entry a meaningful explanation of your symbol if you haven't done so already. This is necessary to be even considered by the council. So if you have a symbol, go back and explain it or retract it. You might have a kewl symbol, but we need some substance to the kewlness as far as meaning & how it relates to the Temple of the Jedi Force.

4). Make sure your symbol is simple as well as meaningful. Every part of it should have an important meaning for Jedi which could be used in meditation like a mandala. The symbol should be simple to draw, simple to remember … it should have impact. It should be easily recognizable as a unique symbol which should not be associated with other religions or groups. We do not want a symbol where people will think that we are Christian, Pagan, Muslim, Wiccan, Masonic, Buddhist, Rainbow Coalition or Hindu.

5). We are no longer in a hurry to choose a logo (since we have a temporary logo & we are no longer receiving lawsuit threats) and therefore we will wait for more entries. When we (the council) have received enough Logo entries with meaningful descriptions, we will then notify everyone that it will be last call for logos and will make the decision in one week from that notification.

6). And yes it is OK to state your opinion & suggestions about a symbol and its description in this thread. I do not feel it is fair though for a council member to make a decision or choose a favorite in this thread.

7). I did not include the LUCASFILM, Ltd copywrited symbol or the Star Wars Replica Lightsaber montage. Please make sure the design is your own. It will save us grief down the line.

8). Also, lastly, be aware that by submitting your design to us that you are turning over the copyrights of the design to the Temple of the Jedi Force, even though you are receiving recognition as the designer. We have to do it this way in order to prevent legal problems in the future.

Sincerely and may the Force guide and inspire all of you.

Samweiz

Attach file:

jpg  KYP_1.jpg (28.58 KB)
328_461eebcd19f41.jpg 320X320 px

jpg  NALFIEN_1.jpg (52.42 KB)
328_461eebe98561b.jpg 401X345 px

jpg  NALFIEN_2.jpg (29.42 KB)
328_461eec07773ae.jpg 383X341 px

gif  NEMO_1.gif (14.60 KB)
328_461eec2bec725.gif 818X818 px

gif  NEMO_2.gif (11.45 KB)
328_461eec529b62a.gif 716X716 px

gif  SAMWEIZ_1.gif (15.31 KB)
328_461eec64a8976.gif 230X230 px

Posted on: 2007/4/12 20:35

Re: WE HAVE TO HAVE A NEW LOGO, CONTEST IS ON!!!!!
Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Thank you for clarification on this matter. I will retract my vote till the council votes.

If I may suggest a firm cut-off date and if possible a date for the council to vote should be given by yourself so that this matter is not left open ended.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 4:36

Knight
From Canada, BC
Group:
Support Team
Knight
Policy Review / Revission Committee
Apprentice
Registered Users
Click to see original Image in a new window

Here's just another quick one I made.

The traingle in the middle represents a persons work life, relationships (Family and friends and what not) and their personal lives...time for themselves. The circle in the center of that represents self.

The three larger rings each represent a tenent of Jediism, the 16 stars represent the 16 teachings and the shield, aside fromthere just to bring things together, is a reminder of how we are protecters first.

It's not great, a rough draft thrown together in a couple of minutes.

Posted on: 2007/4/16 3:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: T H E L O G O C O N T E S T .... CONTINUES TO BE ON !!!!!
Master (USA)
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Masters
All excellent designs though I must say I do like Kyp's design, the intertwining border, to me symbolizes the interteining of the Jedi Ideals and as it is in a circle there is no end to it. the symbol to me, as a Catholic, represents the trinity and the wings represent the wings of flight to spread the Jedi ideals of peace and harmony

Posted on: 2007/4/18 21:32

Re: T H E L O G O C O N T E S T .... CONTINUES TO BE ON !!!!!
Jedi Initiate
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
Seeing as how its been nearly a month since the last post, I wonder what is the verdict? Has a new symbol been chosen? Is the contest still continuing? I'm guessing there will be no more entries, since its been so long since there has been one. Just curious, I'm looking forward to some sort of update.

DK

Posted on: 2007/5/12 6:18

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
This was posted by Master Samwiez. You can PM him if you have further questions. Thanks for bumping this up.

5). We are no longer in a hurry to choose a logo (since we have a temporary logo & we are no longer receiving lawsuit threats) and therefore we will wait for more entries. When we (the council) have received enough Logo entries with meaningful descriptions, we will then notify everyone that it will be last call for logos and will make the decision in one week from that notification.

Posted on: 2007/5/12 6:46

Jedi Initiate
Group:
Registered Users
Apprentice
So mostly what we are missing is the meaningfull descriptions, seeing as there are quite a few entries already. I'm sure a couple more wouldn't hurt, but since they are not forthcoming, I'm assuming people are out of fresh ideas, or are not artistically enlightened enough to create their ideas. Do the artists have to come up with the meanings for the symbols or can anyone?

DK

Posted on: 2007/5/14 7:41

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
Originaly it was intended that those who created the logo would provide the meaning. I see no reason why others cannot give their thoughts.

Posted on: 2007/5/14 8:42

Group:
Registered Users
the pent isnt scary at all.. some people are just narrowminded and think a pent is a satanist symbol, i realy like your idea.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 7:47

Master
From USA
Group:
Promotions Committee
Apprentice
Masters
Registered Users
Webmasters
The Council has reached a decision on the new temple logo. The announcement should be made shortly. Many thanks to all who contributed their time and energy on this project.

Posted on: 2007/6/25 5:09

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]